You should know what the hinge joint is before order
Hinge Joint Field Fence is also called Filed farm fence, farm fencing, grassland fence, cattle fence, Hinge joint knot, hinge joint wire, Hinge-joint woven wire fence, Hinge-Joint blockwire, hinge joint mesh, hinge wire fencing, hinge joint fencing, galvanised stock fencing, field fence, sheep fence, goat fence, and grassland net. It is widely used to protect the ecological balance, to prevent landslides, livestock fence, especially in rainy mountainous areas. It is most economical and popular in Australia, New Zealand, America, and England.
The hinge joint knot is designed to use high-quality fabric automatically woven by high-tensile galvanized premium-grade wire. Vertical (stay) wires are wrapped around the horizontal (line) wires four times at each junction to form rectangular openings of different sizes.
A hinge joint fence can be used with stakes, wood timber, and other T or Y post. Made of high tensile steel wire, this kind of wire fence is strong for keeping and breeding animals. Farm fences we offer have an innovative and firm structure, flat surface, uniform opening, and good integration.
What can you benefit from Hinge Joint Fence
This product offers good flexibility, good pressure resistance, corrosion resistance, and weather resistance properties, and can serve for a very long time. Even the cut pieces will not deform under pressure. It has excellent anti-oxidizing properties. Unlike the welded wire mesh fences with the welding spots getting easily broken, our grassland fences are firm forever once installed and make the best materials for protecting grassland, forestry, highway, and environments.
Choose the right Hinge Joint Fence Sizes for your livestock
1. Australia Style For Hinge Joint Fence
Hinge joint fence is made of hot-dipped galvanized steel wire, providing high tensile strength, and safety fencing against fierce striking of cattle, horses,s or goats. Knotted wire mesh fences make an ideal fencing material for grasslands husbandry.
- Materials: Low carbon steel wire, galvanized high carbon iron wire
- Surface treatment: electro galvanized or hot-dipped galvanized
- Mesh wire diameter: 1.8mm~2.5mm
- Edge wire diameter: 2.0mm~3.2mm
- Opening for line wire in cm: 15 or 30
- Height: 0.8m, 0.9m, 1.0m, 1.2m, 1.5m, 1.7m, 1.8m, 2.0m, 2.3m, 2.4m
- Length: 50m-200m
- Uses: Mainly used for forest, borders in field and grassland for breeding of deer, cattle, animal husbandry and aquaculture.
- Expert advice different tensile strength for your animal during different growth period – According to adjust the horizontal wire spacing
|Wire type||Diameter [mm]||Tensile Strength||Hardness||Zinc [grZn/m2]|
- 240grZn/m2 heavily galvanised to AS/NZA 4534-2006.
- Minimum Tensile Strength for line wire is 450 N/Mm2, while top and bottom wire 650 N/Mm2.
- Galvanised mesh wires are 2.5mm diameter inner wire, and 2.8mm top and bottom wires.
- All line wires are high tensile 2.50mm wires, while all vertical wires are soft 2.50mm.
- Size Description Example: 7/90/30 = 7 horizontal (line) wires, 90cm fence height, 30cm vertical (picket) wire spaces.
How to Find the right size for your Livestock
Different height options for different animals.
|SIZE||PURPOSE||KG / ROLL||LENGTH||ROLLS / PALLET|
|5 / 67 / 30||Sheep||60 kg||200 m||9 rolls|
|6 / 70 / 30||Sheep, Lamb||70 kg||200 m||9 rolls|
|6 / 90 / 30||Cattle||74 kg||200 m||9 rolls|
|7 / 90 / 30||Sheep, Cattle, All Stock, Mixed Grazing||84 kg||200 m||9 rolls|
|8 / 90 / 30||Boundary, All Stock||97 kg||200 m||9 rolls|
|8 / 115 / 30||Sheep, Cattle, Goats||102 kg||200 m||9 rolls|
|8 / 80 / 15||Sheep, Cattle, Goats, Pigs||60 kg||100 m||9 rolls|
|8 / 90 / 15||Sheep, Cattle, Goats, Pigs||61 kg||100 m||9 rolls|
|8 / 115 / 15||Sheep, Cattle, Goats, Pigs, Dogs||73 kg||100 m||9 rolls|
|11 / 142 / 15||All Stock||94 kg||100 m||9 rolls|
|6 / 70 / 30||Sheep, Lamb||74 kg||200 m||9 rolls|
|6 / 90 / 30||Cattle||80 kg||200 m||9 rolls|
|7 / 90 / 30||Sheep, Cattle, All Stock, Mixed Grazing||89 kg||200 m||9 rolls|
|8 / 90 / 30||Boundary, All Stock||101 kg||200 m||9 rolls|
|8 / 90 / 15||Sheep, Cattle, Goats, Pigs||66 kg||100 m||9 rolls|
The popular hinge joint fence in Australia and New Zealand
- 10/90/10x100m Roll-2.5mm Infill Wire-2.8mm Edge
- 13/120/5x50m Roll-2.0mm Infill Wire-2.5mm Edge Wire
- 6/90/30x200m Roll-2.5mm Wire
- 7/90/30x200m Roll-2.5mm Wire
- 8/115/15x100m Roll-2.5mm Infill Wire-2.8mm Edge Wire
- 8/115/15x100m Roll-2mm Infill Wire – 2.5mm Edge Wire
- 8/115/15x200m Roll-2.5mm Infill Wire-2.8mm Edge
- 8/115/30x200m Roll-2.5mm Infill Wire-2.8mm Edge
- 8/90/15x100m Roll-2.5mm Wire
- 8/90/15x100m Roll-2mm Wire
- 8/90/30x200m Roll-2.5mm Wire
- 9/120/15x100m Roll-2.0mm Infill Wire-2.5mm Edge
2. America Styles For Hinge Joint Fence
High Quality Farm fence Surface Treatment
- Class 3: zinc coated: 220-260g/m2
- Class 1: zinc coated: 60-70g/m2
Meets or exceeds ASTM A-116:
Class 1 Galvanized – This is the most basic type of coating, used on barbed wire and field fences. The wire is galvanized, by adding a thin, protective layer of zinc. It’s cheap and efficient, but unfortunately not as effective as other types of coating in the long term. Class 1 Galvanized wire fences start to rust quickly. They’ll last a maximum of 11 years, and sometimes as little as 2 years. In a coastal area, where there’s saltwater in the air, it can last an even shorter time.
Class 3 Galvanized – This is a stronger, longer-lasting zinc coating. Whereas Class 1 wire coating uses 0.28 ounces of zinc per square foot, Class 3 uses a thicker coating of 0.80 ounces per square foot. It costs slightly more than Class 1, but it will last anywhere from 13 to 30 years before it rusts, making it well worth the investment.
|Top and Bottom|
|Finishing||Fence Height||Roll Length||Roll weight|
|DBHJF-8||12 1/2||10||6″||Class 1||26″||330″||1 28lbs|
|DBHJF-9||12 1/2||10||6″||Class 1||32″||330″||148lbs|
|DBHJF-10||12 1/2||10||6″||Class 1||39″||330″||169lbs|
|DBHJF-1 1||12 1/2||10||6″||Class 1||47″||330″||1 92lbs|
|DBHJF-12||12 1/2||10||12″||Class 1||32″||330″||116lbs|
|DBHJF-13||12 1/2||10||12″||Class 1||39″||330″||131lbs|
|DBHJF-14||12 1/2||10||12″||Class 1||47″||330″||146lbs|
|DBHJF-15||14 1/2||11||6″||Class 1||32″||330″||90lbs|
|DBHJF-16||14 1/2||11||6″||Class 1||39″||330″||102lbs|
|DBHJF-17||14 1/2||12 1/2||6″||Class3||39″||330″||98lbs|
|DBHJF-18||14 1/2||12 1/2||6″||Class3||47″||330″||11 1lbs|
|DBHJF-19||12 1/2||10 1/2||6″||Class3||39″||330″||174lbs|
|DBHJF-20||12 1/2||10 1/2||6″||Class3||47″||330″||1 98lbs|
Packing Details For Farm Hinge joint Fence
Packed in bundles, by plastic film and wooden pallet.
Do you know – The reason why you choose the hinge joint fence for your livestock
- Simple structure with flat mesh surface make it economic and durable.
- High tensile line wires Firmness enough and to anti striking from aggressive livestock pressure.
- Anti-compression and Non-slip, the tightly wrapped hinge joint knots avoid breaking compared with welded mesh.
- Reduce the crash well without injuring cattle, horse, sheep and goats.
- High duty galvanized finishing provides corrosion resistance and last long severe weather conditions.
- High toughness makes the netting installed over any terrain.
- Flexible hinged joint “knot” allows the fence to keep its sheep after livestock pressure.
- The various spacing from bottom to top suit for most of horses, sheep, cattle, hogs and other animals.
- The max slope should be no more than 35°.
- Small openings at the bottom to stop entry of small animals.
- Easy to install and low cost post maintenance.
Hinge Joint Fence Application
Mainly used for the rural ranch, farm, forest, grassland, boundary, animal husbandry, and aquaculture to be protected and graze.
In fencing pastures, fields, forests, and other large areas
Protect chicken, rabbits, deer, horses and cow, sheep, and goats.
How to Install Hinge Joint Fence?
- Mark your fence line with wood stakes and mason’s twine.
- Dig the post holes 10 to 12 inches across and 24 inches deep.
- Attach two, 2×4 runners, one 3 inches above the ground and one 3 inches below the top of the posts, between the first two posts.